Friday, September 3, 2010

Dare I Say It?

Life is.... good.

I've had a few very nice interactions with my Grandma and Cousin on Facebook. I miss them so much, but I'm glad to have them back in my life, even if only through FB.

School starts next week.

Football starts Saturday. Yeeeee Go Ducks!!

I'm reminded time and time again, that I've got the greatest, wisest,  most kind-hearted, understanding mom in the world.

Mr. Three Doors Down is no longer three doors down... But Mr. Left Side of the Bed, isn't any shorter. So, for lack of something better, The Plumber it is. The Plumber gets up at 5:30 and gets ready for work, and before he leaves he comes back in and covers me with smooches. Did I mention, life is good? He seems happy to be working regularly, to be living without drama, and seems to be getting used to someone who is considerate and wants to take care of him... I can't help it, it's in my nature, and it makes me happy.

Of course, this is a temporary situation... (we'll see about that!) He says he needs to be out of this apartment complex, that he just can't live this close to his sister and her husband.... but we'll see. We've agreed to take one day at a time... so nothing is set in stone... everything is subject to change.. and yes, I know that means it can go either way, and I'm okay with it.

The only down side to anything right now is that The Ex-Wife, who lives directly across the apartment complex from me, seems to have stashed their son at her parent's house. This is not abnormal for her. When ever it isn't convenient for her to have children, or she gets mad at The Plumber, she does this. Gemini is 11 though, and he sees it for what it is. But I know they miss each other, and that breaks my heart. He's a good kid. He just needs love and stability.

I hate it when parents use their children as weapons.

But, One Day At A Time... This too, shall work out.

For now, Life Is Good!

3 comments:

Cele said...

Now that's what I'm talkin' 'bout.

Unknown said...

Whew... I'm never sure how you're going to react... I'm always so afraid that you'll disprove of my choices. I'm just glad to know that I've told you EVERYTHING... and you're still supportive.

I love you!

And thank you.

Cele said...

Hmmm, who am I to judge? I've made my share of bad and good choices that at the time were questionable.