Saturday, September 25, 2010

Mom & Daughter Day!!

Mom and I spent an awesome hour at Area 51 getting inked. Now I'm jonesing. I think we should make this an annual event. hehehe The only thing I'm kind of kicking myself in the butt for is the location. I didn't think about having to wash and lotion it three times a day... and the middle of the back isn't the easiest place to reach..

Rusty was so great. I don't think I'd ever go to anyone else. When I explained what else I wanted done with this tat, Rusty got excited and thought it was a great concept. He had excellent ideas on how to improve my ideas. Plus he said $50 would reink my forearm and he seems to think that he can cover my monkey..... I'm thinking a green man maybe.... he said it needs to be covered with color.




I wanted this encircled with a sun.... I was thinking something like a Godsmack sun. Black and tribal. A friend had drawn up her idea, and instead of a full sun, she just had the flames coming out around it... Rusty suggested that we do it in color- red, orange, yellow.. sort of emanating from the knot work and it's shading. I don't really know what he means... but all of his suggestions have been excellent so far.. In the middle of the knot, I was Burp's birth sigh, Leo and outside the flames the symbols for Christianity, Judaism, Islam, and Hinduism. (I kinda wanted the religious symbols- one on the bottom of each foot and the palms of my hands... and an Eye of Ra on the back of my head.... but ouch and plus... I'm not shaving my head!)

The sun represents the male aspect of God, the knot is the triple Goddess aspect. The snake eating it's tail represents the continuity of eternal life through rebirth. It seems fitting to surround that with the 4 major interpretations of God.


Mom was a trooper. I don't think I'd like a tat on my foot... One, I hate my feet and try not to show them much anyway.... but two.. OUCHIES!!! She was pretty stoic though.

I love tiger lilies...

We finished up our afternoon together with yummy Mongolian Grill.... It was a very nice time... I wish we got to do stuff like that more often.

I love you mom. and really, really... you are the bestest!

I think we should go get pierced together!

2 comments:

Cele said...

I'm too old for the piercing, because really the only place I'd want is my belly button, and I can't even see it anymore.

I'm up for my other foot as soon as I forget how painful it was. Ducky is talking Miseray into it again. Maybe we'll do a Saturday or something. Then Mongollian Grill.

Unknown said...

WORD!