Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Coffee and CNN.com

These days, I get the kid off to school and browse CNN, enjoying my coffee... looking for something that moves or inspires me. In some nerdy way, I am most entertained by my blogs on religion, politics, or current news items. This is nothing new for me. In the years following high school, I would spend my weekends at the radio station, babysitting satellite feeds or syndicated programs, surrounded by encyclopedias and writing letters to congressmen and newspapers that I never got around to sending. (Buying stamps is a congenital allergy) I am still the same person, the only thing that has changed is the technology. It's so much easier to investigate things via the internet, and now I no longer have to worry about an envelope or stamps... what hasn't changed is the odds that anyone but my mom will read my work.... (I know that's not entirely true, there are a few of you!) (Thank you!)

Yesterday, I wrote about 2nd Amendment rights.... Today I read about a young 9-months-pregnant, elementary-school nurse who was stabbed over 20 times with a butcher knife and managed to crawl to her mom's front porch before she died. They later discovered that her boyfriend had been shot and killed.... Pretty sick and superficially it would seem that the killer chose to make her death a little more personal by opting for the knife when a gun was readily available... The impersonal shooting the boyfriend indicates two things: 1, either the killer just needed to get him out of the way, or 2, the killer couldn't find pleasure in his death.

Sure we've had our Manson's... They are not the norm though. Generally, people are killed by people they know. Scary. The news was trying to say, "She couldn't have had enemies, she was an elementary school nurse...." Yeah, like that matters. My guess is going to be that the killer is female, probably one of the boyfriend's ex's... Generally speaking, a man's crime of passion is in the moment. He walks in and sees his woman in bed with another man and he kills the man, maybe both of them.. Almost never is the woman his one and only target. A woman feels spurned and commits a crime of passion..... She coddles it for awhile.. incubates it into a lustful rage. I think woman are more methodical in their revenge. We'll wait for the right moment... This person waited at least 9 months. A man wouldn't do that. But we'll see..... Though the odds are against it, this could just be a random loon who hates pregnant women.

On another note.. Johnny Knoxville got married..... Poor woman.. I couldn't even imagine..

An actors guild strike in New Zealand could hurt Peter Jackson's The Hobbit... Yes, that's right THE HOBBIT... **happy dance** He's apparently pretty pissed off and feels he's done a lot to help his homeland, and has threatened to take filming to Europe if they don't pull their heads from their asses.... THE HOBBIT!!!! I'm so excited... though the article I read states that this is NOT an entirely done deal. *fingers crossed*

4 comments:

Cele said...

Stabbed over 20 times tells me it wasn't random and it was an act committed in rage - spurned lover? Women usually don't stab, it's too personal and grimey. As for the fiance being shot, I'm thinking it wasn't personal, it was getting him out of the way, making her more vulnerable.

How incredibly sad.

Unknown said...

I agree, mostly...but I don't think a man would shoot him, then knife her.... Men don't tend to change weapons. A man would be less likely to think of (and prepare for) his own weaknesses... UNLESS... the knife was an after thought, but if that's the case... I would think that something would have had to have happened in the moment to increase his rage or change the situation, and present the knife... a killer that plans on using a gun won't just suddenly switch to a knife because he sees one or the idea "pops" into his head. A knife is messy and a "personal" method of murder, most people don't have the stomach for it. a gun is easy, you point and squeeze.

However, a woman would be less likely to overpower a man with a knife and I think a woman is more likely to prepare for that event.... Especially if there is "love" involved... she might KNOW she could run into a situation where she has to get rid of him.. but does she have the heart??? and having had to have shot him might have amplified her hate in preparation for the stabbings.

Unknown said...

Things get a little weirder..... Police are questioning a man.. but no arrest has been made..

The victim told her mother it was a relative of the unborn baby's father.

So I was totally wrong... People are crazy!

Unknown said...

Also... the fiance was killed a half an hour (or so) earlier at a separate location.