Tuesday, August 31, 2010

What To Do.....

When do you make your peace with the past, and when do you let sleeping dogs die?

I'm at a crossroads, and I'm not quite sure which path to take.. I tend to face these things head on, but this one- I'm hesitant.

My first step dad has just made a Facebook page... I don't want to be his friend... I don't want to try to get back what once was, but I feel a need to get things off my chest, and make my peace with it. That whole closure thing. But will I find closure, or just more disappointment?

This is 16+ years in the making... and though I'm finally over the anger, the wounds are deep and tender. Part of me says that I have the right to say my piece, the other part wonders if I'm just being selfish and if there is any point to it.

The shunned child in me wants to wait to see if he'll make a move.... He'll see me through Grandma and my cousin... but the logical me says that this will only re-create the anger if he doesn't make that move.

I'll sit on it... I know this can't be a choice I make on the fly.

2 comments:

foundinidaho said...

I've concluded Facebook is of the devil.

Just sayin'.

Cele said...

hmmm You my friend maybe on to something.