Friday, May 7, 2010

Update: Diva

Tumor? Blood clot?......... Apparently, just fluid on her brain causing intracranial pressure and swelling of her optic nerve. This was determined by the lumbar puncture and second MRI.

Originally, about a month ago, Diva had a really, really bad ear infection. She ran a fever, vomited nonstop, and slept about 20 hours a day for at least a week. After 3 days, her mom took her to the doctor and they put her on antibiotics. Every three days thereafter, her mother took her back to the doctor when her symptoms didn't improve. Each time the doctor changed her antibiotic and said it was just a bad ear infection. Then she developed the eye pain and headaches. After the 5th visit they discovered that she also had a massive sinus infection that they believed had spread to her ocular cavity and was causing her eye to disalign, giving her double vision and a headache. They changed her antibiotic again.
At this point, I started wondering about meningitis, which can be caused by ear and sinus infections. I even told her mom she should request a lumbar puncture. The doctor brushed her off. The infection was going down, so they sent her to the eye doctor. Then the tumor scare...

I can't say "Hahaha, I was right," because I have no idea what kind of fluid build up she has, but it frustrates me that I was in the ball park and it took the doctors so long to get a clue. Then there's the fact that they bounced around so much in their theories, I just hope that they're right this time.

Now Diva's feeling a bit better, though she's mad at her Daddy for signing her up to get a needle in her back (like he just volunteered her for a random torture session)(which she was asleep for).

Thank you for your prayers and kind thoughts on her behalf.

1 comment:

Cele said...

I am so glad things are looking up for her. But my prayers will continue for Diva.