Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Cracked Skull and True LOVE

I missed Idol. *sigh*

After swim tonight, Burp ran into the shower and slipped and busted open his head. I'm out by the pool talking to his instructor then wander out to wait by the locker room doors. A girl comes from the other direction, "Are you waiting for a boy?"
Ummm, no. I just stand outside men's locker rooms in my free time..
"Yeah"
"He fell and cracked open his head. Could you come with me please?"
Then she led me to the office to wait for him cuz he was still in the locker room with a staff member. That was a shitty 5 minutes. Finally he came out. He wasn't too bad. Burp has a high tolerance for pain, low for blood. So he was just a little freaked out.
Sooooo, instead of watching American Idol, I got to go watch his head being stapled. Good times.
Afterward we took Diva and her mom chocolate shakes at the other hospital. The doctor determined that she didn't have a tumor, but now thinks she might have a blood clot in her brain. In the morning she'll have a lumbar puncture and another MRI. Poor thing. We're not sure how long she's going to be there. We don't know if IV therapy or surgery is required. We know nothing.
As we were leaving Burp gave Diva a light noogie and said, "See ya tomorrow cutie."
And she was like "Don't call me that!"
Her mom walked us outside and Burp was all butt-hurt, "Diva doesn't like me anymore."
Diva's mom laughed, "Girls are meanest to the boys they like the most. She still likes you."
Burp jumped up and down. "Wooohooo. She must really love me! She's always mean to me!"

LMAO.

3 comments:

Coast Radio News said...

Ack! My burp bruised his brain? I'm sorry but I'm glad it was only a few staples. I will have to tell him about the time(s) I fell in the bathtub. We can swap scar stories.

I am glad to hear Diva doesn't have a tumor, but will be happier to hear what the heck is really going on. Wouldn't life be better if a lollipop would cured everything?

Cele said...

Crap that is twice now I've commented forgetting I was signed in on the Station's Blogger account.

foundinidaho said...

Poor Burp! I hope he's healing fast. I'm not good with blood either - but if it was my husband having to care for bleeding child I can assure you my child would bleed to death because his father would have passed out. He damn near dropped Little Bit after he was born simply because he could see the drain tube from my c-section running past his feet. He couldn't really see me bleeding as such. And Little Bit was completely cleaned up and cute by the time he held him.