Sunday, May 9, 2010

Funny Kid

Burp cracks me up. First of all, on the way back from grandma's he didn't sleep a wink. Instead he talked non-stop until Jesse McCartney's Beautiful Soul came on, then he sang it over and over at the top of his lungs, sounding something like a sick cat in heat caught in an electric fence. But he looked at me me with such love. Ahhhhhh it was so hard not to laugh and cringe.

Then, as I'm tucking him into bed, I kissed his head and he said "Ahhh my spinal chord." I corrected him that your spinal chord is in your vertebrae, aka the spine. He argued that part of it is in your brain and I said, "No, it stops at the medulla oblongata. Can you say medulla oblongata?"
Without missing a beat he says, "Heck no, but I can say Queen Amidalla. That's close enough, and way cooler."

Star Wars wins again!

4 comments:

Cele said...

My god his sunshine lights my life.

foundinidaho said...

I have to meet this child. He makes me laugh out loud.

Unknown said...

Your medulla is part of your brain...not, you know, that part...but it is part of your brain.

Unknown said...

It's the lower half of the brain stem that attaches to the spinal cord. Therefore, your spinal cord stops at your medulla oblongata.