Friday, March 25, 2011

Who's The Aspie?

So I have this friend. He's a very high functioning Aspie... kinda hard to get sometimes. Incredibly frustrating most of the time, but I love him to death.

So, most of our communication has been via text lately, which can be very dumbfounding as he's not always good at precisely stating his thoughts and it leaves me with a lot of guess work.

Tonight, I emailed him a link to a news story and texted him to tell him to look at it.

Me: "OMG HEY!!!!"  (you have to say something to get his attention... THEN explain yourself once you've got his attention... cuz if he thinks he might not be interested, he won't answer... not that he admits it) sooooo....

Me: "OMG HEY!!"

Several minutes later.....
Him: is 4 horses!!

Used to his broken messages, I assume he's talking horseMEN...
Me: Like Apocalypse?(You know... The Four Horsemen.......)

Several minutes later....
Him: No....... as in Hay is for Horses... doofus!"

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...... ??? I thought he was supposed to be the literal one! ?! ?!

2 comments:

Cele said...

I got that one right off... but then I work with him...a lot... and use to say that in grade school... and I take my ginko... not.

Jen said...

I have a good friend in another state that needs to be similarly addressed - usually OMG KEVIN GUESS WHAT!!! does it, but once in a while I have to rely on AAA! KEVIN! YOU GOTTA HEAR THIS!!