Monday, March 7, 2011

My Beloved Burp...

I recently had my pc restored, mended, brought back to life by a friend of mine.. His reason for it's glorious death... probable attack by some sort of magnet-type weapon.

I've been going through it to see what's survived and what hasn't... and I've suddenly realized that my baby-boy, isn't a baby anymore...
*SIGH*
But I thought I'd share some of my favorite pics...
First, it must be said... My Burp has no real sense of style... If something is cool, or was cool at one point in time.. Well, then surely all you're cool stuff at once must be better!
I finally had to throw away that damned sweatband when he was at grandma's for the weekend.

He doesn't believe that an item becomes "uncool" if it no longer fits.
Thank god he hasn't learned the term "vintage".

While my son is absolutely adorable.... he is a bit crazy.
And somewhat mischievous.
He'll swear he didn't do it,

But he is adorable.
Loves his DUCKS,
And his best buddy Arlo.
Oh the days when he didn't know what the toilet was for....
But when he had to go, he had to go!
Good times with friends
And bonds that last forever.
My boy's growing up
At least his style is getting better...
He'll always be a prankster. 
But it just makes me love him more.
Did I mention he's sometimes the ZombieBoy??
But he's my baby.
I love you Burp!

4 comments:

Cele said...

Oh mi gosh so many thoughts, memories, and sadness too. It goes by far far too fast.

He really tobaganned on Tandy?

Unknown said...

LMAO!! Yes he did.. That was a great day!!

Unknown said...

"His reason for it's glorious death... probable attack by some sort of magnet-type weapon."

...do you have large, powerful magnets you happen to keep right up against your computer? ...because you'd need one to even start to damage a hard drive. You could stick refrigerator magnets all over your computer with no noticable effect. Yes, magnets will destroy hard drives but only BIG magnets will cause that kind of damage.

Unknown said...

He said, "probable". -or maybe I said probable......?
Perhaps I should have said, "appears to have been", "seems like", "acts as though".

The fact is that HUGE, random chunks of programs and data were missing with no rhyme or reason as to why or where they went.

My assumption had been that viruses and worms had destroyed my hard drive.. but he said that didn't appear to be the case...

The bottom line is that it works now. He fixed it. So why nitpick the probability of a magnet causing damage?