Sunday, March 6, 2011

Signs, Signs, Everywhere Signs

I come from a long line of people proud to serve their country.

My father served in the Army, my mother worked in the mess hall. One uncle did a stint in the Army, the other retired from the Air Force. Their father served in the Army during the Korean War. Their grandmother was a warden during WWII. My father's father served in the Army, as well. I have a cousin who was also in the Army.

I am so proud to know that my family has given years of dedication to this nation, protected the interests and rights of people who are legally allowed to go to their funerals and protest the roles that they played and brandish signs with ugly, hateful words like "FAGOT".

I am so angry right now that I'm shaking, crying, and really want to go find me a baptist and beat the holy living fuck out of them. I know that's not ok. I know it's not all baptists... But those fucktards in Westboro disgust me.

Freedom of speech is one thing. Freedom to harass mourners and demean the farewell of a loved one is DISGUSTING.

I know it's wrong to wish ill on another person, but if one of those protesters were to die... I will be one of the first to buy a ticket to Westboro with my sign, "GOD HATES HATERS!"

What would your sign say?

Wow, I'm coming up with lots... I might have to hire people to hold my signs for me...

"Sorry if the people I slept with made you die!"
"Thank you for fighting for my right to be here today!"
"Hard to hold a sign in a box" (otherside)" I'm here in your place!"
"GOD says, "Can you hear me now?"

2 comments:

Cele said...

You have to remember that the death has to be unnatural and untimely... that being said...

Mine would say -

"Judge not least ye be judge yourself - hows that working for you?"

Jen said...

Mine would say, "God hates signs." Because, really, on some level they've all gotta get on his nerves.