Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Top 24..

This is going to be a tough season on American Idol. Tonight was the men and I have to say they're all good.. ish.

The judges seem to love Brett. Actually, from what I see online, most people seem to love him. Randy says, "you're definitely fun and definitely bold and you're going to do what you want to do, when you want to do it.".............. I would say brave. If there has ever been a contestant on AI who did not seem comfortable in their own skin, it's Brett. My point is that I don't think that Brett is really at the American Idol level, I don't care for his voice, and I really feel that maybe the reason that he's made it this far is because he needs it more than any of the others. This experience will either destroy him, or strengthen him for life.

I think Jordan slit his throat tonight. He hasn't been one of my favorites, but when he sang "Over the Rainbow", Jennifer wasn't the only one who got goosebumps. I don't know why any American Idol contestant would ever touch an Usher song. That would be like doing Micheal Jackson in his prime. Usher is the best of the best. You might be able to sing. You might be able to dance. But you can't do both the way he does. Stupid, stupid, stupid...

I'd missed a couple of the audition episodes, so this was really the first time I saw Tim and Paul, and I was fairly impressed by both. Paul's praises included "character of voice", "uniqueness" , and "fun and quirky style". ..... Now I'm not a HUGE Rod Stewart fan (tho I do really like Maggie May) ... but (and perhaps it's because I haven't heard the song in years) if I closed my eyes, I would have thought that it was Rod Stewart. That said, he did a great job.

Burp's fav of the season seems to be Scotty McCreary. I didn't know my boy liked country. He did a good job, and Burp made me vote for him.

My favs of the season (so far) are James and Casey. They both did awesome.

Everyone is really talented. It's going to be tough. At this point, I don't know that I can even come close to guessing who will be going home. Jordan didn't shine. I don't think that Brett did, but that seems to not be the popular opinion. Everyone else did really well. 7 men go home Thursday, which means that we're getting to the top 10 quicker than previous years... I hope that doesn't mean a shorter season. *pout*

Anyway, I just meant for this to be a quick little blurb... On to the ladies tomorrow night, no one really excites me yet... we'll see after tomorrow.

3 comments:

Cele said...

I have to say James did really well (no screaming, screaming is not singing even if you can hold the note - which would be a reason I can't stand Whitney the crack hound or Mariah.) Adam I adore. Scotty makes me wet (his voice, not him.) Don't care for Brett, I don't get it, he ruined the song for me. Oh and I can't stand Clint. What was the raving about his voice? He SUCKS.

Unknown said...

...........Scotty makes you "wet"??? MOTHER!... LMAO!

There are so many comments that I deleted about Brett, not wanting to be mean. He needs to spend a week in front of the mirror saying, "I'm gay and that's ok!"

Cele said...

Ha ha, and yet just like Adam Lambert it will be the young ladies who vote for him based on their "want". And I said it was Scotty's voice - crap I have no desire to train another one, especially one under the "legal" age of consent, he's such a baby, a talented baby, but still I could be his grandmother. I'm ready for Jordan to go too... Personalities people.