Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Today is a Good Day!

Several days ago I ordered Burp some coloring books online from Amazon. I know.... Online? But I was able to get some in his "special" interest areas, and that is exciting. I got Knights and Armor, Knights and Dragons, Vincent Van Gogh, George Washington, and two regular-can-buy-in-the-store books. He's known since Friday that these were coming and we've been tracking them across the country. Nevada to California to Kentucky, finally to Oregon, Portland to Roseburg then back up to Springfield. It was rather amazing... and frustrating to watch. Burp got an extra surprise as I had also ordered a new book on knights for him...

Then... today is March 22nd.... wait, I'm sorry.... MARCH 22ND!!!!!! And how could you NOT know what that means? It's release day... I'm sorry, RELEASE DAY!!! for the new Lego Star Wars: The Clone Wars game. Burp got decked out in his Darth costume and dug into his Christmas/Birthday stash for $50 and I drove his happy-ass to Walmart. Ok, I did try first to go to a gamer store, thinking they might more understand of his over-excited dorkiness, but they were sold out.... damn! In like 3 hours, sold out. (And yes, for those of you who will point out, he probably gets it from me as I HAVE dressed up for Harry Potter movies....) So we went to Walmart, he found it in the case and made his purchase... (I know, I used the word purchase for an item that doesn't exceed $150... breaking my own pet peeves.)




Any way, he is in 7th heaven and I've already had to copy down like a million cheat codes....
The next big date? May 10th... oops.... I'm sorry, MAY 10TH!!!!! Lego Pirates of the Caribbean comes out.
And yes... he has that costume too! LOL

3 comments:

Cele said...

Purchase! oh excuse me PURCHASE!

I can't help myself. October.

Unknown said...

Dude. Preorder!

Unknown said...

LOL... we might just do that for Lego Pirates...