Thursday, November 5, 2009

Just Something to Make You Laugh

Gifts of clothing never looked so good!

About a year ago Ben and I got in a fight.....

Ben: "Fine. I hate you! I'm running away!"
Mom: "Great! But you're going to look awfully funny running down the street naked, cuz every thing you THINK you own, I bought... AND YOU'RE NOT GOING TO STEAL FROM ME!!"
Ben (Eyes wide with dumbfounded disbelief) : .......................WHAT? ................................................ Fine... I'll wear the clothes grandma got me for my birthday! THOSE ARE MINE!"


Damn it! Foiled again!! As a kid, I hated clothes as a gift..... but then, I never threatened to run away much...

2 comments:

Cele said...

I can't remember you ever threatening to run away.

Your aunt Pinecone ran away one. I know shocking right? I'm sure she must have gathered a few things and then went and hid under the row boat that was upside down on the backyard picnic table. emmmm, for at least an hour or so. It started to rain and she got hungry. I can't remember it exactly, but I think she had to tell me she'd run away, because no one knew.

Unknown said...

I can't believe you don't remember... I threatened to run away.... you said, "Ok. Get your bag... I'll help you pack.."

I was like WTF... I just started bawling and it ended there.