Monday, April 12, 2010

Talk Thursday: On Further Review...

Apparently this phrase is used most commonly in sports, politics, and science.
Something like this....

The Oregon Ducks Football season is going to suck next year. This was supposed to be a golden year. We were supposed to kick total butt.. On further review, it has been revealed that the head coaches scouted the country for some of the best ball playing thugs our nation had to offer. Don't these boys know that you can't get away with this shit until you become a SUCCESSFUL PRO?

Some people seem to think that Obama isn't showing enough soon enough... I don't think he's done so bad with the mess he was left with. I have a friend who hates Obama with a bloody passion. She can't wait for next election as she is certain Sarah Palin will become our next president.... On further review, it has been determined that my "friend" has lost her fucking mind. Palin is scares the crap out of me. Not only is she a radical, but an idiot, as well, and that is a scary combination. Even Bush was just one of those things! In a recent speech at a Tea Party convention she stated, "America is ready for another revolution." Can you say 'treason'? I can say treason. (I'm going to generalize here.) Why are fucking Republicans so war-hungry? "The Tea Party, she said, "is the future of politics." It is "inspiring, to see real people, not politicos, inside-the-beltway professionals, come out, stand up, and speak out for commonsense conservative principles." Commonsense conservative principles call for another revolution? On further review, it has been recommended that Sarah Palin have Tea with Daniel Webster and revisit the definitions of 'commonsense', 'conservative', and 'terrorism'.

I don't necessarily believe that the Earth is a sentient being, but I believe it naturally maintains an equilibrium. Or tries too. I love science, but man has been using science to the detriment of humanity and our planet is suffering. There is an abundance of evidence that Earth is fighting back with every weapon it has. Look at the last 10 years alone. MRSA, SARS, West Nile Virus, Mad Cow disease, avian flue, and swine flu. We've had anthrax scares and tuberculosis reared it's head again. All of these have become so big, that HIV and AIDS barely makes us blink. We create super-infections by not properly taking the antibiotics that doctors too freely hand out. How many of these killer viruses have been created because we have come to believe medicine should cure everything and our bodies have forgotten how to fight on their own?
       We pollute and strip our natural resources with careless abandon and pretend that there is no greenhouse effect or global warming. Glaciers melt, earthquakes devastate, volcanoes erupt, hurricanes and tsunamis decimate, but that's just nature. We didn't do that.
On further review, it should be known that humans weren't intended to live forever. We're like a cancer to this planet, breeding and spreading and destroying everything in our path. The Earth will find it's equilibrium.

2 comments:

Cele said...

Oh so many things to comment on. But I will try to remain uncontroversail aka not pick on Palin.

People who sanitize everything scare the shit out of me. I like the idea of tissues that help me fight germs, but what is it with anti bacterial dish soap, wipes, sprays, and of course the whole let's over dose on antibiotics and kill this cold maniacs. Oh crap run on sentence. I refuse to clean my coffee cup, my tea cup and I am healtier than most people. I firmly believe that (and good genes) are the reason why.

Okay that's as long as I can refrain from commenting on Palin. Have people ever I MEAN WITH CAPITAL LETTERS REALLY EVER LISTENED (and disected) WHAT THAT IGNORANT HICK SAYS? No you know why? She's unintelligible.

Palin as our next president is the essense of dumming down America with a nu-clear bomb. What? Saying nu-clear makes it a nicer word? WTF!

I'll leat you know where I rant next week.

foundinidaho said...

Haha "my friend has lost her fucking mind" (I paraphrase, perhaps).

My cousin sent me an e-mail during the election that suggested Obama was the anti-Christ. And you wonder why I have to censor my blog.

My husband went to school with Sarah Palin (University of Idaho). Didn't know her, but swears the people he DID know (and this would include him) are not stark, raving idiots.

Yes I said it. She scares the holy living hell out of me.