Thursday, July 29, 2010

My Little Eden.....

I was so excited today as I did my morning tour of my garden...
I have finally gotten two lovely Morning Glorys from seed. YAY! If those that the only two flowers I get, I'm happy.
I am a little sad. One of my roses isn't doing so well... but the other is gorgeous... When you walk outside, you can instantly smell it mixed with the sweet peas. Once again, YAY! It makes me so happy!
Here's my sweet peas... they're now growing over the top of the fence... Fantastic!
Here's a few other shots from around my little strip of paradise.
Pretty, pretty, pretty! Though I haven't had many butterflies... I do have lots of dragonflies, a cutie-patootie tree frog, and my mother's mortal enemy... a big fat garden snake. (Mom, I squeal when he surprises me too!)

5 comments:

Cele said...

Oh-Kay! I am officially envious your garden looks fabulous, I love the morning glories, the sweet peas and wow! look at the butterfly bush, not bad for a startup.

My snake in the backyard disappeared, infact I've not seen the one in the front yard lately. What's up with that?

Unknown said...

That's not a butterfly bush, silly... that's a heliotrope. My butterfly bush is still a virtual twig in the dirt. LOL

Unknown said...

And that heliotrope has blown my mind... about 2 days after I got it, the snails had stripped it down to nubbins and stem... mostly stem. I put some Sluggo around it and hoped... and it's come back surprisingly well!

Anonymous said...

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Anonymous said...

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.