Saturday, June 26, 2010

Yikes....

Funny how times just slips by.

Mom, I'm alive and well. Sorry I've been lazy about my blogging....

Updates, updates....

School is out. Burp spent the first few days pissed at me about the summer homework I've assigned. One full page of math and copying a page from the Kid's Encyclopedia. The first two days he bitched and argued, and the whole thing took him 2 hours and 25 minutes..... The next time he discovered that if he quit complaining the whole thing would take just barely over a half hour.. hahaha... he's one of those that always seems to have to learn the hard way. God I can't wait till the teen years.

Diva's Neurologist put her on an oral med to reduce the pressure in her brain. Our fingers are crossed. He said our best indicator of her progress would be the intensity and frequency of her headaches, which seem to be doing better. The best thing of all was that he apologized for just assuming that she'd been getting better... No more assumptions, which makes me say "Yay!" She has another appointment with the Eye Doc next week, and the Neuro Guy the next day. He did say that in the next few weeks Diva will have to go back in for another lumbar puncture, as that is the best diagnostic test for if she's truly getting better. If not, then it's off to Portland for surgery.

One of my bestest friends in the whole world is 32 weeks pregnant in Australia... Stuck in the hospital because of stupid contractions. Her Yammy Doc says she'll prob have to stay there until she delivers. That BLOWS!! I hate being half a world away. If I were there, I'd cook for your hubby and come play games with you!!! We could play Rummy to like a million!!! And poor Simon will probably only eat chili for the next 8 weeks.. lol Hang in there Xander! (I wanna see the otters too!)

As a matter of fact, it seems just about everyone I know is getting pregnant. Ash, one of my scouting friends, is about 6 weeks preg- which was a huge shocker.. Her hubby had testicular cancer a year ago and they told her his swimmers wouldn't we swimming for 2 years. Oops. One of Ben's friend's mom is preggers... and a few other ppl I know.... All of them are sick as shit, so I'm not TOO jealous. lol The wife of one of the Doctors I work with is preg with her 6th. (and they've adopted 2) They'll have 4 kids under the age of 4... He was so embarrassed, he didn't tell anyone she was preg again until she was 8 months... lol I might have contributed a name to this one. Camden. All of their kids have one name that is a town, city, whatever. I think I'd be happy not having more kids if I could just name a bunch. hahaha

Anyway, I'll try to get caught up on my Talk Thursdays and such later. I have to go for now. It's the K9 competition today... I gotta get moving!

Luvz

1 comment:

Cele said...

Oh happy day, you blogged, thank you. Now after I go do grandma's wood I will think about a blog. I still have pictures to post from last weekend.Ta