Monday, June 7, 2010

Shooting Star

Around the time that Burp was born, my friends and I spent a lot of late nights out on my back porch sipping coffee, chatting, and watching the stars.

Today was hot and sweaty. Once I got Burp in bed, I took a quick shower and turned out all the lights and stepped out on my patio in nuttin' but a towel. It's funny how one little burning mass of rock can bring back so many memories.

Time has spread my two best friends half way around the world. Others I haven't spoken to in years and don't even know where they are now. Odd how life just moves on when you aren't looking.

It's nice to remember though.

Sleep tight!!

1 comment:

Cele said...

The worse part is life is moving while we're looking. I often lament some of the things that will never be again. But to be provincal, C'est La Vie.