Thursday, December 17, 2009

Wish One Down!!!

At work every year we have a rotating holiday schedule. One year I have Thanksgiving and New Years off, the next year Iget Christmas off. Because I work graveyard, my holiday is actually the night leading into the holiday. So not Christmas night, but Christmas Eve night.

This year is my year to get Christmas off, which is great because I'd rather be at my mom's on Christmas Eve as it's too hard to work the night before, drive an hour and a half to my mom's, enjoy the day, sleep at some point, and  then drive back for my shift that night. It can be done, but I hate it. My normal weekly shift begins on Wednesday and I have every other weekend off. This is my weekend off and I was planning to go to my mom's for the weekend, but I would have had to go back to work for Wednesday night, have Thursday at my mom's, and be back to work Friday night.

My counter part (there are only one of us on shift at a time, 3 shifts a day- so only 6 of us total) has offered to work my Wednesday shift so I don't have to go home until CHRISTMAS NIGHT!...

My Christmas wish was a week at my mom's and enough money to buy the gifts I wanted for family and friends. I'm sure someone with a big check will knock on my door any minute! lol

Merry Christmas!!

1 comment:

Cele said...

I am so glad you get to come home for a week. Can I put in my order now for scones and Top Ramien? Not in the same meal please. Ducky and I don't need anything, you guys coming home is our gift.