Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Another Thanksgiving Post

I used to have a reoccurring dream every Thanksgiving, for a week or two every year.

It always started with a picnic in the woods- me, Mom, and Asshole. Suddenly we're being chased through the forest by Indians with tomahawks and arrows whizzing past our heads. I'm weaving between trees and suddenly realize that my mom and Asshole aren't around. Fearing the worst, I keep running and come out into a circular clearing lined with painted, spear jabbing savages. I look over to a fire spit and see Asshole roasting above the flames. I panic and look around for my mom, and she is in the center of a crowd being crowned their Indian Princess. She smiles.

Knowing that she's ok, I turn and run away. Soon the forest ends and I come out of the woods and into the sand dunes above our house. I run down the hill and go home. When I open the front door, everything is where it should be, but everything is white on white. It's weird, but I'm so thirsty and hungry- so I go to the fridge and opening it find 3 beers and 2 pepperoni sticks. Knowing I can't have a beer and that the pepperonis will just make me thirstier, I close the fridge and when the light goes out I wake up.

I had this dream over and over for years... oddly, I only had it once after the split up......

1 comment:

Cele said...

Sad it was only a dream.