Sunday, January 10, 2010

Talk Thursday: Ambiguity

I have no place in my life for ambiguity or ambiguous people. I hate fence walkers and double talkers. Say what you mean, or don't say it at all. Stand for something or you don't stand for anything.

In my experience, there are two kinds of ambiguous people. Those who think they are intellectually superior to others and use ambiguity to passive aggressively insult the intelligence of those around them or the non-committal people who get through life without making waves and never have the backbone to stand up and disagree with anything.

Life, to me, is cut and dried. You are or you aren't, you do or you don't. If you're somewhere in between, then you just haven't made up your mind yet. If I ask you a question, don't use your ambiguous-double-talk-crap on me, tell me the truth or tell me to mind my own business.

Don't seek me out to play your little games. I know what you're doing and you're not that fucking smart, asshole. I'm a little insulted that you think the rest of us can't catch on because you don't hide it that well, and if you thought you did.... I know a few people who could really teach you a thing or two about ambiguity. You're very much like the kinda fat girl who hangs out with really fat girls so that she can feel like the skinny one for once. Pathetic.

My first roommate had a 25lb Savannah Monitor (Turd) who ate live baby rats. On occasion, Turd would play with her food, picking it up by a hind leg and tossing it into the air. Sometimes she did it too long and the rat would get past the scared stage and start fighting back. You have to be careful, your lizard can loose an eye that way.... and in turn, get an infection and die.
Moral of the story.............

Ahhhhh sweet ambiguity.

4 comments:

Cele said...

Very clear and well said. Oh and me too.

foundinidaho said...

In some things, I agree that things are black and white...and in my life experiences I have seen there's a whole lotta grey, for me anyway. But I admire, totally, how strong you are.

And it is very interesting how a rat can kill a snake, isn't it? Size doesn't matter (sometimes).

Unknown said...

Wow. Rage much? Some people really can just see both sites to situations and don't feel strongly about something either way. Who's the one being aggressive here?

Unknown said...

If you've got hate in your heart, let it out!

I've never once said that I'm not aggressive. I am. And I rage.