Monday, September 21, 2009

To Blog... or Not to Blog...

I'm so excited to finally blog. I'm one of those ppl who gets fired up... frequently. I can't tell you how many heated letters I've written in my day to some congressman or newspaper... and then never sent. A rain forest worth, I'm sure. Here, at least, I will feel like I've said my piece and it's out there. Maybe no one will ever read it.. who cares! (No offense to the one person who might... two persons... Tandy, Mom.)

Another thing has occurred to me about blogging. You see a different side of ppl. My mom and I are pretty close, not that we live in each other's pockets (for I have a Wocket in my pocket) but we, for the most part, "get" each other and seem to have a mutual respect and like for one another. I know I can tell my mom just about anything and get a reasonable, educated response- not some of the batshit crazy responses I've heard other ppl's mom's give. When I don't want to hear it- she respectfully keeps it brief or just gives me the "I'm-so-disappointed-in-you, Psam, **sigh** but-I'm-going-to-keep-my-mouth-shut-cuz-you-wouldn't-listen-anyways!" look. ("Arggg! Moms!" you say?... Hmmm true, but- I have to admit that there are times when that look gives me such a sense of gleefully evil child-pride.) There is really nothing I feel I can't take to her... no lasting repercussions to fear.

But how does this relate to blogging? You see a different side to ppl. Reading my mom's blog has made me see her in a different light. Oh, Joy! It's Me It's rather cool actually. While I've been netless, there have been so many topics that she's blogged on that have given me something to say... something that just isn't "comment" length. I've been longing for a blog of my very own. For I love to rant... I can rant on anything from American Idol to the messed up history of the British monarchy to whether or not Kraft Cheese and Macaroni really has enuff cheese.. which it doesn't!

I goes for now and leave you with something to make you go, "Hmmmm?"

**If a tree falls on a person in the middle of the forest, does their scream make a sound??**

2 comments:

Cele said...

This look says, "Really learn how to make home made mac."

hmmm, yeah I will hmmm over that one.

Anonymous said...

I should notify my friend about it.