Saturday, September 19, 2009

HaHaHaHa Jesus!

Tandy took my 8 yr old son to an art exhibit. This is hysterical. Part of the exhibit was photographs of old Californian and Mexican monasteries and cathedrals. My son has periodically come to me with questions on religion, such as "What's this about a goblin that lives in the ground and steals peoples souls?" Though I am nonchristian, I am fascinated by religion and love learning about them one and all. So I answered him as best as I could, asking him if it was realistic that there was a goblin that lived in the ground, cuz everyone knows that, duh, goblins live in caves! And then I introduced him to several concepts of Satan. Some people believe this, some people believe that, what do you think? Very diplomatic I think.

So Tandy takes him to this exhibit and Burp sees his first crucifix. He is creeped out and a bit scared, for my child is wuss. His reaction is the 8 yr old equivalent of "OMG, WTF is THAT?" Then he sees a depiction of the Christ resurrected and is doubly freaked out. "WHAT? HE CAME BACK TO LIFE? Come on Tandy, Let's RUN!! I DON'T LIKE THAT JESUS GUY. HE'S SCARY!!"

My child is deathly afraid of ghosts and zombies. And apparently Jesus, not the sweet Baby Jesus, but the nailed-to-the-cross-and-3-days-later-came-back-from-the-dead Jesus falls in the ghost and zombies category. Not so unreasonable when you break down the facts.

I'm sure in a few days or weeks he'll come to me with questions, which I'm certain will be a fun conversation. God then sex. ugg when does parenthood end?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

He was like, "I DON'T LIKE THAT GUY!!!"

I was like, "...Jesus?"

Cele said...

I totally lucked out on the sex talk