Saturday, August 20, 2011

Talk Thursday: Resisting the Urge

Both of my sisters are married now.
I almost didn't make it to Miseray's wedding on time, and I forgot my lipgloss and my camera.

Several times during the wedding people turned to me and said, "You're next!" or "Only one more daughter to marry off!".................... haha not likely. I kinda predict that I'm going to be one of those old cat ladies you see on Hoarders. Not that I really want to start hoarding cats or anything, but that future seems more likely than marriage. Lets get real, Miseray and the Brit were together for 8 years before they got married, my longest relationship has been about a year.. Never had one that wasn't dysfunctional. LOL I'm just being real. The upside of being an overweight homebody who hates the sun... well, I don't have wrinkles.

Is it wrong that I was tickled when those at the wedding I didn't know asked me if I was the baby of the family? I'm sure they were asking because of my unmarried state, but I'm going to pretend it's cuz I looked younger. (I'm 4 years older!)

Who knows. If I had a wedding to go to everyday, I might be able to snag a hubby. I looked damn good. Unfortunately, my life doesn't call for a lot of occasion to wear a cocktail dress. I feel like sending flowers to the girl at the store who helped me pick it out. LOL Guess what Psam's wearing to this year's holiday party?

Of course it isn't that I don't really WANT to get married, it's just that one, all of my relationships have been total duds. Two, I just don't trust marriage a lot. I think every girl dreams of the perfect relationship, the ideal man, the grand beautiful wedding, and life happily ever after... At one point last night, while getting the "You're next" line, I just smiled and responded, "I haven't met the right loser yet!"

I'm not sure what kind of crap my mom was trying to pull last night, but she decided to announce to my new brother-in-law's brother, that I think he has amazing eyes.. "OHhhhh, have you met my daughter Psam, she thinks your eyes are amazing!" WTF? Yes, his eyes are amazing, but really? Maybe we should have made me a sandwich board sign, "Last unmarried daughter. Free, OBO...Contracts negotiable. No returns or refunds. All sales final." No pressure. lol Maybe I need to start checking the singles ads just to make sure my mom isn't trying to pimp me out!

Ok, laughs aside. My sister, and the whole wedding, was beautiful. The food was amazing. I even liked some of the wine.The music was pretty good, ignoring the fact that my sister likes disco... ugg.. but it was fun. Aunt Rocky even got Burp out on the dance floor after I'd failed for hours to do so. Papa even got out there. I'm so happy to have the Brit in the family. He's a wonderful guy! At one point I heard him tell Burp, "Hey, I'm really your Uncle now." I thought that was so sweet.

Papa says if I ever do happen to get married, he'll pay me to elope. HA! Fuck that! If I sign away my self-sufficiency, I'm doing it with style. Why shouldn't I get the fancy dress and bride's maids and crap. I think it should be a bigger party for me, cuz I had to work harder for it! lol The one thing I had myself wondering about last night, was bride's maids. I only have one friend in my life these days that I'd want for a bride's maid. The other two are so far away, Australia and Alaska, I don't know if Tandy and Chole would be able to come. I can't think of anyone else I'd want to have up there with me. If I were to ever get that far, I'd be heartbroken if they couldn't. I would want Burp to give me away. And I think it would be humorous if when Dude says, "Who gives this women .. blah blah" I think my whole side should stand up and yell "WE DO!" lol That would be funny! Maybe disconcerting to his family though... But then again, no need to lull them into a false sense of reality, my family is disconcerting!

I don't know. Everything in due time. I might, I might not. Who knows.. Just not any time soon. Hopefully this won't be the conversation topic of the rest of my life though. Actually, I'm hoping now it will shift to "Miseray, when are you going to give us grandbabies?" haha Perhaps when people ask me when I'm going to get married I'll just respond, "I don't know, is Miseray pregnant yet?"

Two can play that game!

5 comments:

Cele said...

Oh mi god you have me in stitches, Miseray preggers! It took her four months to hold her latest nephew and I think she almost started crying. But really that is a good comeback.

I introduced you to The Brit's big brother aka Cir-du-sol-Brit (he's the stage manager for Love)because he's a nice guy and you thought he had loverly eyes. He even flitted with you for a moment (which I thought adorable). I would love to be able to yell we do, on the other hand, time will tell. We always have you.

It was a lovely wedding, your aunt Rocky now is swearing off wine. I thoroughly enjoyed Burp's breakdancing lesson.

Unknown said...

......... Maybe that's why I'm single... He flirted? or maybe that was intended to be "flitted"... lol

It was a good night. I understand why my feet are swollen.. can't figure out why my fingers are. lol

Love you!

Jen said...

I used to have a nifty comeback to "When are you getting married, dear..." "When they make same sex marriage legal, Grandma." Well, what can I say... (Jen & Joan were legally married in San Marcos, California in July 2008.)

Unknown said...

Hmmmmmm I could always say, "I'll get married when cousin Aaron does!" But, although grandma tries to be accepting of the fact that Aaron is gay, I don't know if she's ready to accept a homosexual wedding... She tries, Gran is just kinda .. well old fashioned.. and very Republican. I'm sure it would shut her up for awhile. Not that she's really said anything about me getting married since I told her I was pregnant. Her "Well, you're going to get married now, right?" really pissed me off...

Of course, several years later she cleared the air. "Ohhh, I didn't mean you should marry HIM, I just meant you should get married!" LOL

Jen said...

Ah, weddings. I spent most of them fending off the "And when are you going to get married, dear?" question, but thanks to the gay-marriage chaos in California(where gay marriage was legal for about six months) I can now say, "I am married. Meet my wife."