Friday, April 22, 2011

Talk Thursday- Time Has Come Today..... a little late..

Spring is showing it's bright eyes.. and I am drawn to dig out my summertime feel good music. Yes, music can be very seasonal for me. For those of you that don't know me well, I find a well done remake orgasmic. Love them.

To be honest... I don't find the Ramones version of this song any better than the original, I just didn't know the song, so looking for blogging inspiration I searched it up and found this cover.

There are good covers that totally change the feeling of the song... Like Fatboy Slim's cover of The Joker or this cover of Dexys Midnight Runners "Come on Eileen" is a prime example of Cover Heaven!

 I am a Sublime fanatic, so I would be remiss to not add my absolute favorite Sublime cover, though there are many good ones... Uggg now I'm thinking of them all and having a hard time picking.. "Santeria", but right now... my FAVORITE Sublime song happens to be Scarlet Begonias.

 I just discovered that a song that I WAY love, that I thought was covered by Sublime, is in fact NOT Sublime... So here it goes, Murder One's great cover of a great Bob Marley song.
For some strange reason, I get a kick out of punk covers of 60's and 70's songs.


Of course, I could go on FOREVER and ever and ever............... so much great music out there. So much I haven't mentioned... but I will end with two excellent covers, that can't be beat. Definite winners in any cover war.

And though I love most of Metallica's Garage Inc it's a real toss up to the best covers on it. "Tuesday's Gone", "Whiskey In The Jar", "Turn the Page", and "Sabbra Cadabra" are AWESOME.. but my fav is their cover of Nick Cave's Loverman!!!

 Ohhhhhh I just thought of one more great cover!!!

Hmmmm just want to say... Wednesday night... James Durbin did an amazing cover of Muse's Uprising!

Ok... Really done... I listened to all of these songs while posting this.. You should too!
Also, a lot of these songs don't have official videos, so please excuse the boredom of others and my selection of their videos.. I often went for song quality, not video content. ~Kisses

1 comment:

Cele said...

I thought James was great... except he needed hair gel, his hair totally clashed with his clothing and the song. I need to listen to more muse because I really liked the song and the lyrics.