Friday, July 15, 2011

HOLY CRAP COOKIES... Michelle Obama!

Remember several months ago I wrote my email to the First Lady, disgruntled over the American education system... I got an email back...

Dear Psam:

Thank you for sharing your views with me.  I am always so encouraged to hear from Americans who are interested and engaged in the democratic process, and I hope you continue to stay involved in these important national discussions in the months and years to come.
           
As our country faces tough challenges, please know that the President and this Administration are working hard every day to move our country forward.  Although we have made enormous progress, there is much left to do-and we need your help.  Your engagement is vital, so I urge you to stay involved in your community and in civic life.  To learn more about the President's agenda and the latest news from the White House, please visit www.whitehouse.gov

Again, thank you for writing.  I wish you all the best.

Sincerely,


Michelle Obama

At the time, I sent one to the head of education, and one to the First Lady. I got a response from the Director, or whatever that position is, within a week or so, basically saying, "Hey Moron, this is a republic. The States control the education process." Of course, Mrs. First Lady didn't really address any of my concerns, but well, maybe she at least read it.

No comments: